I chopped and incorporated the melon with the rest of the ingredients. I bake the cake for an hour to ensure that the water content of the melon was completely absorbed. The cake turned out moist, dense and compact in texture.
Recipe Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups honey dew melon - remove skin and seeds and chopped
- 1/3 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Combine butter, milk and vanilla together. Keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Keep aside.
- Cream eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Stir in butter milk mixture bit by bit inside.
- Gently fold in sifted flour and chopped melon
- Bake at 360 F for 1 hour until the top is nice and brown and cake is set.
- For a glossy finish, dust some icing sugar on top.