And even though you do have to bake the pecan crust, I still think this dessert is the perfect summer time treat. It’s refrigerated and served chilled so it’s cool and refreshing. Although, don’t count on it being light… it definitely is a bit decadent for a pudding.
Recipe Yield: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 11/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 2 (8 oz.) containers cool whip (or one 16 oz. container)
- 2 small packages (3.4 oz.) of Jello instant pudding flavor of choice
- 3 cup cold milk
Filling & Topping
- For the Crust: Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar and press into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Bake at 375 F for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 1½ cups cool whip until fully incorporated. Spread over crust.
- For the Pudding Layer: Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes. Set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let it thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining container of cool whip.
- Cut into squares to serve. Keep refrigerated.