My rings are not very ring-like and my star tip was too small, but they were light and delicate, buttery and melt-in-the-mouth good, your kids will love them as much as adults do!
Recipe Yield: 40 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick softened butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 4 tbsp. confectioner’s (icing/powdered) sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn flour (cornstarch)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle beater. Mix on low speed until combined and then change to the whisk beater.
- Beat on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, use a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients that switch to an electric hand mixer on high speed. The mixture should be very pale and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe into rings about 2 in across onto parchment-lined sheet. Keep remaining mixture cool but not refrigerated if you need to bake in batches.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven for 18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.